The site of San Diego's first Mexian land grant includes a 1823 rancho house constructed by the Commandante of the San Diego Presidio. The area is the native land of the Kumeyaay indians dating back to about 5,000 BC.
PEPPER TREES SURROUNDING THE ADOBE HOUSE
John Eichar's Grave
The great grandson of a Bavarian prince who left for the New World in 1750. He was believed to be a ranch cook at the time of his death. Cared for greatly by the people that buried him, his headstone is made form expensive and difficult to transport marble.